Thursday, September 15, 2016

Which file has the saved contact data in android? How to get this file in an unrooted phone?


My android phone's screen is damaged and only shows a white pixelated background and does not recognise any touch input (although it does recognise when I swipe on the initial lock screen after I restart the phone, I know this because I can hear the audio feedback). However everything seems intact internally, as I can charge it normally, pull out the battery and put it back in and restart it, the audio feedback when I put in the charger and pull it out work, and I can browse the internal memory by connecting it to the computer.


However, a big problem is that the phone is unrooted. I cannot connect the phone using adb either, since I cannot see the adb authorization dialog box, and just guessing where the OK button should be and pressing there is not working either. Since I can still the internal memory from computer, I have taken most of the basic data backup (pictures, audio recordings, etc) but I am not sure what to do about the contacts.


Is there any way to recover the contacts file from this phone, given that it is not rooted? The contacts are not backed up in google. The phone is Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...