Sunday, September 25, 2016

adb - Mount /system and /data partition of an android phone in Windows/Linux


How can I mount the /system and /data partition of an Android Phone via USB on a computer? It will need to work with Windows and Linux. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with CyanogenMod 12 and working ADB.


PS: I want to have it mounted in a file manager and not in the terminal.



Answer



There is a method that I'm aware of which uses FTP on Android and a tool/software on Linux/Windows. I recently tested this method and it worked well.




  • Host an FTP server on your Android phone. (There are answers for it on this site; you may use search option.)


  • On GNU/Linux, download curlftpfs and issue the command:


    curlftpfs ftp_server_url directory_path

    where, ftp_server_url -> the URL of your FTP server, directory_path -> the directory in your PC where you want to mount this server



  • On Windows, I've heard that NetDrive can mount an FTP server on Windows. I haven't used it but got to know this from a ServerFault answer.

  • For Windows, if FTP doesn't work then host a WebDAV server on Android and mount it on Windows by using Windows native Map network drive feature.



Whether you would be able to write into /system and /data isn't my business here since you've not explicitly mentioned it, but my answer will definitely do the thins you asked in the question. :)


(Kindly let me know any fault in my answer rather than downvoting it, if you may. :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...