Thursday, September 15, 2016

Multiple Music libraries


My primary music library is English music (~15 GB) but I have a huge (>10 GB) of Hindi music too. My problem is:




  1. I want to maintain these two libraries (preferably on the same device)

  2. I want the songs on the Hindi music library to not show up when I "Shuffle All".


How I managed this until now was that I have been using iPod and I check the "Skip while Shuffling" for the Hindi songs. On Android, I can't figure out a way of doing this.


Any ideas?



Answer



To hide media in any folder showing up, you need to add .nomedia file to it. If you search your device, using file explorer (either stock or your preferred),you are likely to find quite a few of these scattered around. Copy-paste one of these into the folder you want to hide (Hindi in your case) and the contents should not show up in your player


If you can't find .nomedia file, you can easily create


If you want an app to do this and offer more functionalities, you could try nomedia app from play store. It offers you the flexibility of choosing folders to hide. App claims to do this (Works on 4.4.2 on Honor 6)



"A tiny tool to hide multimedia files and prevent media scanning. Touch and hold the directory to toggle. Media library will not display the files in red colored folders."


Alternatively, you could use MortPlayer Music, taken from Izzy's list, which takes the approach of choosing which folders you want to play and which folders you want to ignore. It over rides .nomedia file presence and provides an easier alternative


Thanks to Izzy for completing the solution and suggesting alternatives


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...