Sunday, September 25, 2016

Acer Iconia Tab A500 - Rooting & Honeycomb 3.2


I just bought a brand new Iconia Tab A500. I just unboxed it and it shall be charging for the next 14 hours :)


While I wait for first booting it, I have a question on rooting with 3.2. The tablet comes with Honey 3.0, but I read that the 3.2 update is ready to be delivered OTA. But I absolutely want to root it!



  1. Can I root the device after the OS upgrade?

  2. Or should I root it first?

  3. Or, does upgrade remove rooting and currently there's no [yet] rooting for HC3.2?



Thank you



Answer



As far as I know, the 3.2 update on the A500 has not been rooted (some discussion here). There's one XDA thread where someone has described a method of downgrading so you can root, but nothing that lets you root 3.2 in and of itself.


If you want to have root access then I would suggest rooting the shipped version, then manually upgrading to a pre-rooted version of the latest OTA update.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...