Saturday, September 3, 2016

cyanogenmod - TWRP boot loop in Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (i8190L)




TWRP start and still looping.


After tried to encrypt my device (Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - i8190L) from Settings menu in Cyanogenmod rom. It started to encrypt but in some point it stop and said that encrypt end unexpected and data cannot be accesible anymore until I reset device (factory settings), after that TWRP did not start as is expected, it still restarting in a loop.


I do not know what else say, if you need more details, please ask me!


Tests


After this error, I have tried:



  1. Reflashing the same Cyanogenmod rom.

  2. Reflashing TWRP recovery img.

  3. Flashing CWM recovery img.




Answer



I had the same problem. I solved it by flashing PARAM image. It seems that encryption is not supported yet in our software version. Encrypting the device corrupts the PARAM partition.


I used Heimdall to do it and downloaded the PARAM file here.


I hope it helps you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...