Wednesday, September 7, 2016

5.1 lollipop - How can I detect if my phone is in a "Normal calls are restricted by access control" state, blocking incoming and outgoing calls



Sometimes this error occurs on my cell (a Lenny 2 with android 5.1). I'll only notice the error when I try to make a call, there are no obvious warnings that something is erroneous i.e. signal strength is fine - perfect. I can't receive calls then either, this can be pretty bad as you can imagine.


I tried the standard things, resting to factory defaults, only using the stock apps, updating everything, contacting phone manufacturer and network provider to no avail.


When the error occurs, its easily fixed by switching into airplane mode for a sec and back again.




What I would like to do:


Create a small app that periodically checks if I can do a call or can be called i.e. checking if the device is connected to the network correctly. And if something isnt working correctly, it automatically does the airplane-mode switch.



  • Is there a method for doing such a test, without actually dialing a number?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...