Friday, September 16, 2016

Control Android TV with Android Phone


I have a new tv that has Android 4.0.3 installed.


I would like to control the Android system on the TV from my Android based phone. I have tried the following applications.


XBMC - Has a great remote and good interface but I would like to control the whole Android sytem not just an application.


DroidMote - Has a server application that will only run as root. (Yes I could root the TV but that's effort)


TeamViewer - Only offers remote control through view and click.


I understand that sending keypresses and control the Android system may require root due to the need to interface with the Android system but I'm sure there would be a way to do this without root and Android to Android should be very compatible.


Suggestions??



Specs


Android - Phone http://i.imgur.com/ZhEKh.png


Android - TV http://i.imgur.com/quPrq.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...