Sunday, September 25, 2016

cyanogenmod - Android lock screen password not being recognized



I flashed the latest Cyanogenmod ROM for my device (Samsung Captivate) last night and after doing so I set a numeric lock screen password. I then customized my phone and spent a goodly amount of time working on it and locked and unlocked it successfully multiple times. This morning when I woke up and went to unlock it, my password did not work. I have tried the password (and combinations thereof) over 100 times and it never unlocks. I also never get the "Lost Password" button on the lock screen to use my Gmail account to unlock the device. Does anyone know if there is a way to connect to the device using an ADB shell and reset the password? I am able to get to a shell and can run commands. Any help is appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...