Saturday, September 10, 2016

backup - How can I delete backed up Google+ photos off of the phone?


How can I delete backed up Google+ photos off of the phone? I know Flikr has support for this, and I don't think there is a way to do this natively with Google+, so is there a 3rd party app or utility?



Answer




Using the Photos app, tap the hamburger menu (the three bars in the upper left corner), scroll down and choose On Device. You should be able to delete these without touching the backup. If you are prompted Delete Everywhere, select cancel, you are in the wrong place.


You could also use a file explorer app, such as ES File Explorer. Your photos are stored in DCIM>Camera. You should be able to select all and delete.


But if you are asking for something that will auto-delete them as you go, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this with Google Photos. Since they have recently been integrated with Google Drive, a new solution may arise soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...