Saturday, September 17, 2016

sync - How can I set up my Google account without syncing Gmail?


I got a Nexus 7 tablet. Is it possible to use my Google account just to download apps and for backup purpose?


I'd rather not see my emails, chats and contacts on the device as it's not with me all the time and shared with kids, and basically anyone in the house has access to it.


I couldn't find any options to do this. Without logging in with my Google account, the device is kind of useless. I tried turning off sync for everything after I logged in, but the emails are still syncing. Plus it's only a couple of clicks away to turn back on if anyone wished. I can't add password just for these apps either.


Please don't ask me to create another Gmail account just for this. Are rooting and installing custom ROM the only option? Any other suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...