Sunday, September 11, 2016

boot loop - Phone not booting after rooting attempt


I tried to root my phone Samsung Galaxy J1 (SM-J100H) with Odin3 software following some steps, but after that now it's not working, I turned on the phone and it vibrates one time and I see only the Samsung logo and nothing else. I tried too wipe all data and factory reset but it doesn't do anything. What can I do?




Answer



A factory reset won't undo rooting since it only clears the /data partition and not /system.


What you should do to get your device working is flash a stock ROM with Odin. You can get one from sammobile.com. As usual, you would put the .tar file from there into the AP/PDA field of Odin and flash it while the phone is connected in Download mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...