Tuesday, September 13, 2016

applications - Some apps cannot access the internet


After my Android Lollipop upgrade on my HTC M8, some apps are unable to access the internet such as Twitter, but Facebook works perfectly fine. WhatsApp works fine except that I'm unable to receive Media files as well. This only happens with Wi-Fi.


I tried forgetting the network, rebooting the device, turning Wi-Fi, and even hard reset my phone. I reset the modem and done almost everything. Nothing works though.


None of this happened before the update, one more thing is that it only happens with my Home Wi-Fi, other Wi-Fi networks work perfectly fine.


I tried connecting other phones to my home Wi-Fi, and it works perfectly fine.


How can I solve this?



Answer



It's a DNS problem. Try using Google's DNS.



Go into your router's advanced setup and change the primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...