Thursday, July 23, 2015

notifications - Voicemail indicator won't go away


On my Atrix running 2.3.6, there is a permanent icon in my notification bar saying that I have unread voicemail. I understand that this icon is flagged on the SIM card itself: sure enough, if I pop the SIM card into another phone, the icon shows up there too.


How do I get rid of it? I've tried every suggestion on Google, which amounts to leaving myself a message and then deleting it, or calling customer service. The only kosher method of getting rid of it is to have my carrier send me the special SMS that clears the icon, which is normally sent when you listen to your messages (but it's not happening for me). Customer service reps seem to have no idea what this means so I can't get them to manually send that SMS. For what it's worth, I'm on Rogers in Canada (but my Atrix is running the AT&T build of Android).


Some versions of Android allegedly have a "Clear voicemail indicator" setting, but I have no such thing.



If it's possible through executing code on the Android, then:



  • Has someone written an app to clear it from the SIM card? I can't find anything, but I can't imagine something like that would be allowed on the market since it would use hidden libraries.

  • Does anyone have experience writing apps that use hidden libraries and can point me in the right direction? I've been able to follow tutorials that set up an Eclipse environment for compiling apps that use hidden libraries, I just have no idea where to start with the SIM card stuff.


If not, then do I just have to live with it?


EDIT: Using standard carrier voicemail, not Google Voice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...