Monday, July 6, 2015

charging - Should I charge phone overnight or let battery down to a minimum?


For many times I found myself in a situation, that my battery charge was about 25-30% when I was going to sleep. Since I was always told to not let battery down below 20% (correct me, if that's wrong) I was faced with two options in this situation:



  • plug phone to charger and let it charge for entire night,

  • leave it and let it down to about 10-15%, that is below wrong level for battery charge.



I was always wondering, what option is best for my battery's life and phone's overall performance.


Can someone provide information, which option is better in mentioned situation?



Answer



Never let it run down below 10% if you can help it. Running down to "absolute zero" harms your battery (and might even render it inoperable – which is why most devices shut-down before reaching that point). Modern LiIo batteries don't suffer from "memory effect", so ideally you'd plug-in a charger whenever possible: "trickle-charging" doesn't hurt them, low charge (less than 5% definitely) shortens their life-span.


For details, please check with...



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...