Wednesday, July 15, 2015

sms - I can't send a picture attachment together with a text message any more ( Samsung Galaxy S). Any idea why?


I tried to send a text message - attaching a photo already on my phone ( the first time ) and attaching a picture taken at time of send ( the second time ).


However, when I try to send this text message - the status remains sending ( an my correspondent does not receive the message ).


Is this a problem with my phone company, you think, or can I have changed some setting somehow. Is there a setting that can be set, anyhow ?


I did send picture attachments with text message before , some weeks ago , but not after upgrading to Froyo 2.2.1 ( just to be complete - can't think this has anything to do with it ).


------------- [ UPDATE ]-------------------------


Something I noticed but did not mention before : if I view a text message with a picture attached, and press the image to 'view' it,*a sort of movie view is started*e.g. with the picture at the top of the screen, and a Start, Rewind and Forward button at the bottom. Pressing the Start will 'play' the picture as move of about 5 seconds - since it is a picture, of course the image does not change. I am pretty sure this was not the case when I sent some image messages a couple of weeks ago. To be complete: even the image messages I did send before now show this 'movie' type of action.




Answer



In case this helps someone with the same problem, I have the solution :


I had to check the Settings - Wireless and network - Mobile network - Use packet data check box. When this was done, I could send picture MMS messages.


Maybe obvious for some .. but it sure was one setting I thought I should not need just to send an MMS message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...