Monday, July 13, 2015

2.2 froyo - How to remove corporate settings?


My DroidX just got upgraded to 2.3.15 (android version shows 2.2) over the air. After the upgrade the phone forced me to set a pin number. The phone is not currently connected to an Exchange server, but it used to be. A couple of weeks ago I removed then Exchange settings for contact list sync and I uninstalled TouchDown.


The strange thing is that the Exchange server that I was connected to didn't have a requirement for a password, so I'm not sure where this setting is coming from. When I look in Location & Security > Select Device Administrators I see "Corporate Sync" listed in there, but there doesn't appear to be any way to remove the settings.


I no longer work for the company with the exchange server, so I can't connect back to it. I'd rather not wipe the phone and reset it if I don't have to. I would also prefer not to root the phone as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...