Thursday, July 23, 2015

Transformer Prime, VPN and password protection


I have VPN connection on my Android tablet (Asus Transformer Prime) and it required me to set up a password protection for my tablet. I don't want to use any dummy passwords to open my tablet, so how can I disable that without deleting the VPN connection?



Answer



Found this, it's a hack but it works for on my galaxy nexus 2.1.2 Here's the steps:



  1. Set your lock screen security to what you want, slide/none

  2. Go to create VPN profile

  3. Create a pattern lock

  4. Setup VPN profile


  5. Lock device

  6. Unlock but input the wrong pattern until device locks for 30.

  7. Tap "Forgotten Pattern"

  8. Enter your google account details.

  9. Cancel the "Screen Security" page

  10. Now device will unlock without pattern requirement


Source: Connecting to VPN forces having secure screen lock


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...