Monday, July 27, 2015

wi fi - How can I stream audio from my phone over wifi to a speaker or receiver?


I have a Galaxy Nexus and would like to be able to send music from it to speakers or a receiver.


Since I use a few different apps to listen to music (Spotify and Pandora mostly but sometimes also Audible) I don't want to have to use a specific player.


And I'd like to do it all over WiFi because Bluetooth doesn't provide enough range for me (I've tried, many different ways).


Is there a way to do this with android?



What I'm not looking for:



  • A way to stream to or from a PC.

  • Anything involving BlueTooth.

  • A new music player app on android - I want to stream music from any app on my phone to a wireless receiver or speaker.

  • Anything involving software running on a PC.


This should work when my PC is off. I should be able to pull out my phone, open spotify or pandora or audible or google listen or whatever and hear the output on any speaker in the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...