Sunday, July 12, 2015

external sd - How to recover data from a damaged SD card?


I have an HTC Inspire. I have had my 8 GB SD Card for three years...needless to say, it has like 5000 pictures and hundreds of videos on it. It has a lot of music on it too, but I'm not worried about that. I just want my pictures back more than anything. I got a message on my phone that told me I should safely unmount my SD card before removing it. Since I haven't taken it out for months, I didn't think anything of it. A few hours later, it said "SD Card damaged. You may have to reformat it." When I clicked on that, it said "Are you sure you want to format the Sd card? All data on your card will be lost."


I have tried plugging it into the computer, but there's not an option to view files. I tried putting it in my dad's phone, and his phone didn't even recognize that it was even in there. If anyone has ANY ideas, whatsoever, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...