Wednesday, July 1, 2015

wi fi - How to set up a network connection between Android phone and Windows PC without Internet


Is it possible to connect my Android phone (Galaxy S3) directly to my Windows (7) PC in such a way that I can make network connections to the PC from the phone, without a pre-existing WiFi network?


My specific issue is that I want to be able to browse a website that is being hosted on the PC from my phone. It's for doing web development on the PC, and using the phone to check how it looks/behaves on mobiles. There is no WiFi access point or network available.


Ideally I'd like a solution that doesn't involve the Internet at all - neither from the PC nor the phone. In my particular situation, it would also be ideal if this can be done over Bluetooth, but over USB or WiFi would suffice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...