Friday, July 10, 2015

How to sync contacts with Outlook, WITHOUT Exchange?


Can anyone recommend an app to sync Outlook contacts with Android? I know there are a number of them which sync with Exchange, but I am not using Exchange.


I'm looking for something that will sync contacts as well and as easily as Google Calendar Sync handles syncing Outlook's calendar.



I've tried "Missing Sync", but it completely hosed Outlook.


I'm running Outlook 2010.



Answer



It sounds like you're happy using Google/GMail as an intermediary for the sync, if you've already tried Google Calendar Sync, if so then there are a few options.


It sounds unlikely from your question, but if you're part of an organisation that's given you a paid-for Google Apps account then Google Apps Sync is available for you. This syncs an Outlook Calendar, Contacts and Mail with a Google Apps GMail account, and from there you can easily sync with your phone. Unfortunately this isn't available for standard GMail/Google Accounts, or for free Google Apps accounts.


Other, third party, options to sync Outlook with a GMail account are GO Contact Sync (free), CompanionLink (paid app) or Goosync (subscription service with free trial).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...