Saturday, July 25, 2015

4.4 kitkat - How can I disable a stock app that has its Disable button greyed out?



There is a pesky bloatware app (specificlly VUDU Version 1.0) that came preinstalled on my device. Whenever I boot my device, it starts up an app process, so every time I boot I have to open up the App Switcher and swipe it away.


I went into the Settings app and tried to Force Stop and then Disable the app, but the Disable button is disabled ("greyed-out") itself. Some other apps also don't allow me to disable them. Is there any other way that I can enable the button or disable the app without rooting? I am running 4.4.2.



Answer



Sorry, but you have to root in order to do this. There is no other way.





  1. Root




  2. (optional) Install Titanium Backup and backup your phone. If you mess something up you can restore your phone using this




  3. Now use an app called System App Remover to select the app you want to delete. You will have to grant superuser permission for it to work





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...