Monday, July 6, 2015

2.2 froyo - How do I prod my Droid 2 into resync'ing Facebook profile pictures?


The Motorola Droid 2 supports, from out-of-the-box, the notion of logging in with not only a Google account, but also a Facebook and Twitter account, and maintains three separate groups of contacts for each of those. It also supports the notion of both manually and automatically linking, say, a Facebook contact to a Google contact. This merges all of the information into a single contact. As this is my first Android phone, I cannot be sure how much of this is basic Android functionality, but I am under the impression a lot of it is from Motorola's MOTOBLUR, and is specific to Motorola handsets.


One problem with it, however, is that a Facebook contact's profile portrait never changes once it's set! When someone changes their Facebook profile portrait, I even get a notification in my timeline that they changed their portrait, with a clickable thumbnail of the new portrait, but their contact image in my phone doesn't ever actually change!


Is there a way to prod MOTOBLUR into resync'ing Facebook profile portraits? I am not looking for a basic Android application that will try to manually download images and manually match Google names to Facebook names, which would cause more problems than it would solve. I am looking to leverage the functionality already inherent in my MOTOBLUR contacts, and just prod the phone into realizing all of it's images are grossly out of date.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...