Wednesday, March 29, 2017

installation - Install APK from external_sd


I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure this out. I've read that you can copy an APK file to the SD card and use the browser to activate the installer to install it with this:


file:///sdcard/yourApp.apk


(from: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4268803/android-how-to-install-apk-from-sd-card)


But, I cannot seem to get that to work with external_sd card. I've tried


file:///external_sd/yourApp.apk


I keep getting the following message:


"Data connectivity problem - The Web page contains an error."




Answer



If you have a Samsung phone, some of them have separate "internal" and "external" SD storage. If it's on the external SD card, then you need this adress: file:///sdcard/external_sd/yourApp.apk


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...