Friday, March 17, 2017

2.2 froyo - What is causing music playback to stop/pause unexpectedly?


Moto DROID v1 Android 2.2.1


Is anyone else experiencing random music playback stopping/pausing on their handset? Do you know what is causing it, or how to prevent it?



I've been trying to get to the root of the issue, and I think it has to do with the music playback service. I've tried several apps (stock Music app, DoubleTwist, Cubed (3)). In each case the behavior is the same. Seemingly at random, and with now obvious trigger, music playback will pause/stop. I've seen this both with and without bluetooth, wifi, Last.FM scrobbling, and headphones. It does not correlate to notifications, as I get e-mail, text, and other notifications and playback continues. My music files are stored on the MicroSD card. Could this be due to latency in loading a portion of a file?



Answer



I believe I have resolved the issue by resetting my phone to factory defaults. After resetting to factory default, I am no longer experiencing the mysterious pauses when playing music.


My rev. 1 Moto DROID came loaded with Android 2.1. I ran the OTA update to 2.2, and then the OTA update to 2.2.1. In addition to the music playback issue, I was also experiencing extreme delays when displaying the launcher after the phone had been in a dock. I hadn't performed a factory reset since loading the two OTA updates, so I went through the factory reset process. The home screen now displays much, much more quickly when removing the phone from a dock, and I have not experienced the music pause issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...