Wednesday, March 29, 2017

video - State of VLC for Android / Media Player that plays AVI files


Does anyone know where the VLC developers are up to with VLC for Android. Is there a beta out, an APK somewhere?


I'm trying to play an AVI on my HTC Legend, to no avail. If VLC is not ready, does anyone know a media player which will play AVIs (is there more than one codec for AVI types?).


Thanks very much.



Answer



Rockplayer has decoders built-in and can play divX files. AVI files are containers - you should also find out what codec has been used for the video. Use a utility like GSpot Codec Information Appliance on your PC to check.


There's also yxPlayer but not too many satisfied users from what I hear although YMMV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...