Thursday, March 2, 2017

wi fi - Nearby wifi networks causing notification


I am using a brand new Blu R1 HD android phone running 6.0.


On my way to work this morning I was listening to a podcast over bluetooth in my car.


Every once in a while a notifcation would sound on the stereo. I would open my phone and it would say "wifi networks nearby".



I have never experienced this on an Android phone.


How can i disable notifications sounding when a nearby wifi network is detected (barring shutting down the wifi).



Answer



Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> (3-dot menu near top right corner) -> Advanced


Turn OFF Network Notifications


Wi-Fi Advanced Settings


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...