Sunday, March 19, 2017

4.2 jelly bean - Is there a way to speak "Send" in order to send an SMS?


I know I can pull up my SMS app and press the microphone to activate speech. I speak my message, but then I need to press the "send" button to actually send my message.


Is there a way to activate the send function by saying a keyword instead of pressing the button?


Coming from an iPhone where Siri does most of this for me, basically I can say



Tell my wife, I'm running a bit late.



Siri responds




Here's your message to wife's name, would you like me to send your message?



I say



Yes



and off it goes.


I'm looking for something similar in Android.



Answer




With Google Now/Voice Actions I don't think there's any way to do this. Some actions will happen automatically after a short delay ("note to self..." is one I know offhand; there may be others), but text messaging requires you to actually press the "Send" button on the card that pops up.


However, you could try a third-party app for these specific functions that you'd like to be completely hands-free. Dragon works a bit more closely to Siri, acting in a conversational manner, and will prompt you for a "Yes/No" to send a message in a very similar fashion. Skyvi is another option you could try, which will send text messages automatically after a 5 second delay (during which time you can press a "Cancel" button to stop the sending).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...