Monday, March 20, 2017

Google Latitude History is telling me that I'm living on the next block


Today was looking over the statistics on Latitude history and I noticed that it registered another place as my home, it is actually one block away from the adress it says.


Is there a way to change or set my home's location manually?



Answer



You can manually set the location using an iGoogle gadget or through Firefox. What you are probably seeing when the location is "one block away" is that GPS is not actually turned on on the handset. The phone is probably using positioning that is determined used cell phone tower location, so it will get you in roughly the correct place, but not the exact location you would expect if GPS was turned on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...