Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Device encryption fails, but no error


I am trying to encrypt my android device (Samsung S3, Modified 4.1.2). I have set a password and made sure my device is plugged in and charged over 80%.


When I select the encryption option, the screen shows a wired-diagram of an Android figure and then restarts after about 10s. There are no errors and I can still use my device, but it clearly has not been encrypted.


I've retried multiple times with the same results. Can anyone help?


Thanks


EDIT (possible explanation)... My device is currently encrypting. I decided to try with my SIM card removed. I had a SIM lock setup, so I'm wondering if that was interrupting the encryption when the phone restarted. Although I am curious, I am not going to go as far as unencrypting, removing the SIM lock and trying again, so I can't be certain that was the cause.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...