Sunday, March 5, 2017

4.0 ice cream sandwich - How to switch Input Method / keyboard?


I recently upgraded my Galaxy S2 from Android 2.x to 4.0.3.


I had, and still have, two keyboards installed & enabled - MultiLing Keyboard, and Swype.



In my previous ROM, long-pressing an input field let me switch keyboards. This method now stopped working, and the only way I found to switch them is via the setup menu.


Has the method to switch inputs changed in ICS?



Answer



Once you've activated an input field, you should see a keyboard icon in your notification area. Drag the notification bar down and tap on the notification saying Select input method and you should get the menu.


If this doesn't work, it's due to Samsung's modifications. At least the vanilla ICS has this option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...