Friday, November 27, 2015

file system - What is the path where GoSMS stores the SMS messages


How say the title I can't find where the sms are stored. I see this similar question but the replies haven't helped me.



I have gosms and I want delete all messages, but if I do this option with gosms the app crashes because are a lot of messages (about 6000).


I found:


./data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/mmssms.db
./data/data/com.jb.gosms/databases/gommssms.db

But are too small files (a few kb) and with text reader I saw that they contained only some queries. Also when I deleted them if I open gosms I still see all messages. So what is the real path of sms?


Edit: After a reboot gosms can't find sms anymore, so my problem is solved ( though probably the real sms are still stored somewhere)



Answer



SMS messages are stored in data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db. If you can't see it in your root explorer (or it is to small), try rebooting your device or simply - connect your phone to the computer and copy that file (using e.g. ADB) on it and I'm sure you will be able to read it properly .


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...