Saturday, November 28, 2015

cyanogenmod - how to use ext partition in my android?


I partitioned my MicroSD card and created 1GB ext3 partition.



  • What is the next step so I can use it to make the performance of my android better? It seems to me that it is mounted into /sd-ext

  • What are all the options I can use ext for?




CM7 on HTC Desire




Answer



As discussed, you can store apps on the ext3 partition which will free up internal phone memory. There are also apps like Swapper2 which allow you to put your swap file on the SD Card.


Be warned, that this will degrade the life of your SD Card and will also chew up battery due to frequent read/writes to the card. Weigh the potential of additional free space in view of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...