Thursday, November 26, 2015

custom roms - Unpack initramfs.cpio.gz (boot.img) from MTK6589 phone?



I can't find a proper tool to unpack boot.img from GravityMod2.


both unmkbootimg and split_bootimg.pl are able to extract same fileset (kernel, 4280320 bytes and ramdisk, 633284 bytes). I think the files are damaged (taken from wrong offsets?) - can't even find gzip/cpio signatures in ramdisk image!


Is there another specific tool to unpack Android 4.2.x boot.img, or MTK-specific tool maybe?



Answer



You can find proper tools to unpack boot, recovery, system and data images here: mtk-tools


Thread of the author on xda developers, thank him :)


Usage:


./unpack-MT65xx.pl boot.img
./repack-MT65xx.pl -boot boot.img

No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...