Saturday, November 7, 2015

wi fi - how to fix grey wifi icon (no internet), and how to track what caused that?


[SUSPENDED. see P.S. at end, any good way to deal with this suspended state?]


My phone have the grey wifi-icon problem, where you do not have access to internet.
Yesterday it was working fine, I changed nothing.
Usually it always connected grey and a few moments later it gets colored, but now it is forever grey...


I followed these tips from other questions that did not work:




  • turn wifi-off/on

  • turn air-plane mode on, wait 1min, turn it off (and wifi on)

  • forget/remove the wifi config and recreate it

  • reboot the phone

  • reboot wireless router

  • shutdown the phone

  • (NO) I got a tip to lower my router security from TKIP+AES to only TKIP, but it was working perfectly yesterday; so I will not do that for obvious reasons..


I can ping my phone from my PC.

I can JuiceSSH from my android into PC (intranet is ok).
I can do nothing internet related...


My phone is not rooted, should I?
My connection drops from time to time when I see "obtaining ip address" if I leave it on the wifi config page, but it was like that already before the grey icon problem..


Where I can see wifi log to try to understand what is happening?


PS.: my phone is working again, I did nothing either to fix it; my PC was connecting to internet while my phone not... now both are ok; I will keep the question as the problem may happen again and I wasnt able to track what caused and how to fix (if ever possible); just that it is not urgent for now... thx!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...