Friday, November 6, 2015

Mobile to PC skype video chat?



I have tried to no end, but Skype for Android doesn't support video chat (unless someone leaked a new version that i haven't seen yet), and I cannot find another video chat app that will connect with Skype contacts. As per the title, I am looking for an app that will allow me to video call from my phone to someone using Skype on their computer. Does anyone know of such an app?


UPDATE: I didn't realize it needed specification, but it does turn out Skype supports video calling for some devices:



Requirements Android 2.1 operating system and above Video calling supported on the following handsets: Samsung Google Nexus S, HTC Desire S, Sony Ericsson Xperia neo, Sony Ericsson Xperia pro



So to revise my question, is there an app that allows the HTC EVO to video call from phone to pc?



Answer



This article describes the next release of Skype for Android (v. 2.1) which now supports 17 phones on video chat. The answer before was directing to other services or modified versions of Skype, but this is official, so i thought i'd post it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...