Sunday, November 15, 2015

4.4 kitkat - Nexus 5 > Lollipop upgrade notification lost


I have an LG Nexus 5 and I am running Android 4.4.4 on it.



I've been seeing a notification telling me there's an upgrade for my Android OS for several weeks now (Lollipop upgrade), but I've been waiting till I properly back up my phone before starting the upgrade.


When I was finally ready to run the upgrade yesterday, the notification was gone. I went to Settings > About phone > System updates, clicked on "Check for update" only to find it saying "Your system is up to date".


The "Last checked for update at" message was changed to the current time.


Rebooting the phone and trying again did not help either.


Is there anyway I can get that Lollipop update back?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...