Tuesday, November 17, 2015

mtp - Marshmallow USB connection type


I just flashed the Android 6 Image to my Nexus 7 (2013) LTE a few minutes ago. It was a clean flash, so I copied my files over to my PC.
When I plugged it in after it booted, Windows detects it, installs the drivers automatically and shows the device in My Computer. From it's icon, It's in MTP mode. But when I open it, I can't see the usual "Internet Storage" disk that lets me access my files. The device shows a blank folder.
I searched the Settings app for "MTP" & "PTP" but found nothing. (Unlike in Lollipop) In the "Storage & USB" section also, there is no mention of a USB connection other than in the title.
I can't swipe down the notification area while the device is plugged in because the screen is broken (I use a mouse)

What might be my problem?
PS: The device has an unlocked bootloader so I can edit system files.



Thanks.



Answer



Go into Developer options, and cycle the USB host mode, the files will show up on my PC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...