Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Remove Google Search Bar on Nexus devices running on stock Lollipop


I have been reading for days about how to remove the Google Search Bar from the top of my Nexus 6 since I never use it. I have gotten mixed answers on exactly what file to delete and where it is.


I have heard quicksearchbar.apk but it's not in /system/app like in previous versions. Does anybody know where the file/files are I need to delete in order to get rid of the search bar, or else, how to remove it? Preferably not downloading another launcher, since I don't want to bloat my phone when I could reduce the size.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...