Saturday, November 14, 2015

battery - YouTube app holds a long wakelock. What app settings can I change to keep it from doing this?



I am using an HTC Evo 4g with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. I'm trying to deal with apps which keep my phone from entering sleep mode, and the YouTube app is a major offender. With downloaded apps, usually the fix is to remove the app and find an alternative app that doesn't suck the battery dry. But I want to keep YouTube enabled so I can watch YouTube videos.


What settings for the YouTube app can I change to get it to not hold a wake lock for hours on end? Are there any device settings that I can change to help?


So far I have disabled "Preload subscriptions", "Preload watch later", "Improve YouTube", and "Notifications" in the YouTube app's settings, but the wake lock still occurs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...