Thursday, November 12, 2015

security - Where can I configure SELinux in Cyanogenmod 10.1.3?


Cyanogenmod released the stable version 10.1.3 yesterday and it apparently includes SELinux enhancements running in permissive mode per default.


I thought that you could change the mode in the settings, but so far I have not found anything.


Is this possible at all using the graphical touch interface?




Answer



Go to Settings -> About phone menu and scroll all the way to the bottom: enter image description here


Tap the "SELinux status" menu 3 times in a row in a quick succession. This will bring up a prompt asking you to confirm enabling the other modes:
enter image description here


Be aware that currently this feature is still under heavy development, and isn't supported on all devices yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...