Saturday, November 7, 2015

2.2 froyo - Questions regarding receiving 3G calls on my IDEOS


My Android device is 3G capable, but does not have a front-facing camera. I am on a 3G network and I don't see any "video call" option in contacts. I'm wondering if I will be able to receive video calls so that I can just see them or maybe show my primary camera (back of the phone; the only camera) to them?


Also, if that was possible, can I toggle the camera off/on DURING the 3g call? And does "data packet" need to be enabled to receive 3G calls?


EDIT: My device is Huawei IDEOS u8150 running Android 2.2 and if 3G video calls are not supported, can I find some custom ROM suitable for mine that can do this with the existing camera or some other workaround?



Answer



You will not be able to receive a 3G video call from another phone, assuming what you are looking for is the operator backed 3G-324M solution that is available on most 3G phones (not including iPhone or Android). 3G-324M as a solution doesn't run over IP and requires a tighter integration between operating system, modem and application. You can read more on the technicalities here: http://www.radvision.com/Resources/Developers/White-Papers/android_integration.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...