Tuesday, November 10, 2015

google play store - Application stuck in "Installing..." stage in Market


I'm having the problem mentioned in the title on my Samsung Galaxy S. I updated the app Dock Simulator and for some reason it got stuck while installing. Now it shows the scrolling green bar in the downloads section of the market but the program itself works fine. How can I get rid of the constant "Installing..." status?


Oh yeah, reboot and uninstall didn't fix anything.



Answer



I just had this problem, and somehow I got this solved.


What I did:




  • Entered Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

  • Selected the Market app, and "uninstall updates".


After that, I entered the Market app again, and I was able to reinstall the app who got stucked.


PS: I'm not sure if this was just a coincidence, or this procedure works always, but it worked for me. PS2: My Android version is actually in portuguese language, so I'm not sure the option names I referred to above are correct in english.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...