Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Is there a non-app tool for batch backup of APK files?


Just as the other times, an answer to my question shall not contemplate an app from either the Play Store, or any other source. What I'm after, is a tool capable to backup user apps, system apps or both those categories, when launched from within a working Android OS.


Backing up the apps' external data is not relevant. The only thing that counts, is the ability to batch backup the base.apk file, found in each /data/app/appName/ directory, in order for me to be able to reinstall it either in order to revert to a previous version, or to install it from scratch.


Lastly, I would prefer for the tool to be freely customizable (e.g. not compiled). Maybe something like a shell script?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...