Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Getting double message notifications after replacing Talk with Hangouts


I've updated Google Talk to "Hangouts (replaces Talk)". Now whenever I get a message, I receive two notifications: one from the new Hangouts app and the other from the old Talk app. How do I disable the notification from Talk?


Device is Samsung Galaxy S II running Android 4.1.2.



Answer



As Izzy pointed out in the comments, the package name of Hangouts is the same as the one for Google Talk: com.google.android.talk. Therefore, even if Talk was built in to your ROM, it should be 'overlaid' by Hangouts.


However, it's possible that there's some Google Talk service that didn't get killed by the upgrade process. If that's the case, a simple reboot should solve the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...