Wednesday, August 16, 2017

google play music - I can't find my .nomedia folder or the folder it is in anymore, but the files still seem to be there



So i recently followed the advice posted here: How do I keep audiobook separate from Google Music? by @Tzunki in order to keep my audiobooks out of Google Play Music. I made a .Audiobooks folder and put them all in there and then added a .nomedia folder for good measure. It worked great, but now I'm trying to delete out an old audiobook and add a new one, and i can't find the folder or any of the audiobooks.
I've tried searching for the files and the folder names, etc, but it looks like they are all hidden somehow and i can't find any of them in order to edit them. I went back to my audiobook player to make sure they are still there and played them and they play. I checked the rood folder for the files in my audiobook player and it shows /storage/emulated/0/.audiobooks (which is not where i told it to look when i created the .Audiobooks folder) but i looked there and there is some data file instead of the audiobooks, so i'm thinking it is just like a bookmark so it knows where in the audiobook i left off?
anyways, any help you can offer would be great, thanks.


*edit with a little more info: I've tried to just type in Computer\Galaxy S6\Phone.Audiobooks, but it says Windows cant find it. Also, i thought i might try to re-create it, and see if it repopulated with my files but when I try to change the name of my New Folder to .Audiobooks it won't change. Just reverts back to New Folder.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...