Thursday, August 24, 2017

Reenter the new password in configured Gmail account


I have configured HTC Hero phone with my Gmail account (username and password), and it is configured successfully. I have recently changed the password of this account from the Gmail website, so at the same time I have to change the password on my phone, but I do not see where to do this.


Without reentering the new password, I am not able to get/send mail. How do I enter the new password?



Answer



Some options:



  1. Try hitting Menu -> Refresh in GMail, there should be a notification prompting you to re-enter the password. If it's in the notification bar, pull it down and click it.


  2. Clear the cache and data for all Google apps on your phone: Gmail, Gmail storage, Google Framework Services, Talk, Accounts, Play Store, etc. via Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All.

  3. If your phone lets you, go to Settings -> Accounts and sync and remove and re-add the account.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...