Wednesday, August 30, 2017

How to download photos (of others) from Instagram?


By download, I mean saving to SD card for later use. I have already explored the app for this option, but without luck. :(


I think, there must be a way to trap from cache.


If you've screenshot based suggestion, please don't answer...



Answer



You would need a rooted device to do this.



  • First Browse the photos you want to download.

  • Now Open any File Explorer app like Root Explorer.


  • Navigate to /data/data/com.instagram.android/cache via Root Explorer.

  • The files here would be named something like ccf3a266.0, copy the file you want or entire folder and paste it on your sd card.

  • Now open these .0 files in your PC via a Image viewer like IrfanView. You can sort the files by size to determine large images.


The .0 files are cahce files and some of these are essentially JPG image files and quality may depend upon your device I believe because it would download compressed image if the device screen/density is small. (That's just a theory).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...