Wednesday, August 23, 2017

privacy - How to do Factory Reset


I know the topic has been covered here. But this is something different. I got a Tablet in my workplace to work with. It has a primary email Id for which I don't know the password. So to remove this, I clicked on remove account, but it says it can't be done. Only a factory reset has to be done to remove this Id. I tried adding an alternate gmail id, but still it considers the same Id for which I don't know the Password. So I tried to look out for factory data reset option in Sdcard and Device storage. But there is no such option there. I tried all over the net, but couldn't find anything useful.


Can someone help me on how to do a factory reset without the factory reset option?


NOTE: The Tablet looks like an ipad with same kind of button. I am not sure about the name of it, but my guess is "MID".



Answer



Try these steps:




  1. Turn your device off





  2. Press both volume button and power button.




  3. You should be accessing the boot loader by now.




  4. Look for the option "Clear storage / Factory settings" using the volume button. Once found press the power button to confirm.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...