Saturday, August 19, 2017

touchscreen - Barcode scanner and touch keyboard in Android


If I connect the barcode scanner via blue-tooth with my Android tablet, the soft keyboard will be switched off and I can not visible the keyboard any longer. I have to disconnect the barcode reader first. Is there a way to use both (barcode scanner and touch keyboard)in the same time?



Answer



Your bar code is being recognized as Physical Keyboard. Hence the soft virtual keyboard on your android is been disabled..


Option 1: Try manually checking the keyboard setting after you connect the bar code reader. Go to Settings -> Language & Input -> and check if the keyboard options are disabled and if so, try enabling them.


Option 2: Go to Settings -> Language & Input -> Keyboard ( & input methods) -> and check for "USE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD" and put it to "off".


If the above doesn't work, can you send the Phone model and Bar Code Model.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...